Monday 3 June 2013

Battle of the... Fake Tans!


Hey girlies! So summer is flying around the corner, and that means time to get tanned! If you're anything like me, you won't be blessed with the beautiful gene of "being able to tan rather than just turning into a lobster". So yeah, lying out in the sun achieves nothing for me, but I love to have a healthy glow so I've tried my fair share of fake tans. Here I'm going to be reviewing and comparing four of the tans I've tried most recently are choosing my winner!








So first of all, I tried the Garnier Light Glow No Streaks Bronzer for Fair Skin. This retails at around £12 but using my staff discount at Debenhams, when I used to work there, I got it for much less. Anyway, I reaaally liked this fake tan! It's a spray on tan, and it applies really easily and evenly without any streaks. It gave me a really beautiful brown colour that was dark, but looked perfectly natural! Also, although it did smell a little, it didn't have the traditional "biscuity" smell that so many fake tans do. However, I also think that I can get tans that are just as good for much less than the price of this one, which is the only reason this didn't win!














Next, I tried the No7 Perfectly Bronzed Self Tan 360 Quick Dry Spray Tan. I was super excited to try this, as it seemed great. The nozzle is really good and sprays the formula really finely and evenly. However, I didn't feel like this really made much difference to the colour of my skin at all! It gave me a very slight glow, but to get the same colour as the Garner one above, I had to apply about 6 layers! Ain't nobody got time fo' dat ;) On the plus side, this didn't smell bad at all and if you're looking for a really subtle colour, this could be good, Also, I think I got the one for light skin, so you could try the darker version!







If you've been around the beauty community for a while now, I'm 100% sure you will have heard of St. Moriz tanners! They tend to retail for about £3.99 in Boots or Tesco, but I get mine in Home & Bargain for just £2.99 a bottle! Naturally, I was pretty skeptical, but I picked up this St. Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mousse in Medium after reading quite a few great reviews. The formula is a very light foam-y mousse which is very dark in colour, as you can see from the picture on the right (Scary, I know!), but when you rub it in, it goes much lighter. However you can still see it, so you can see any streaks or dark patches! The actual tan develops very evenly, and lasts for a good few days. It's a lovely deep colour, and I couldn't go without it! Two quick pointers; apply using a glove! If you use your hands, you will NOT get it off easily haha! And also, when you first apply it, it kind of looks a bit of a dirty brown colour. Don't panic! This is just the colourguard thing, have a shower a few hours later and you'll be left with a gorgeous colour, trust me.






Finally, we have the Garnier Summerbody Moisturising Lotion Sun-Kissed Look. This is a gradual self-tanning moisturiser which claims to give a sun-kissed glow. I don't really like the scent, but the formula is moisturising and goes on white so blends in instantly. The downside to this is that you can't see any streaks before it dries. Also, you have to apply this relgiously for days before seeing any result, hence it being gradual, but for me this is too high-maintenance haha! However, again I have the light version but a friend uses the dark one and says it gives a great tan so I might have to pick one up in the darker colour!






So.... now to annouce the winner!

Drum roll please!



This was a clear winner for me as it is the cheapest, but provides the most even, darkest tan. Perfect for anyone!

Talk to you later lovelies,
Emma x






No comments:

Post a Comment