Thursday 6 June 2013

Confessions of a Beauty Blogger

When did you start your blog?
I started Lipstick Lessons on May 27th, 2013.

Have you had any past online presence before (other blog, YouTube)?
Yeah, I had another blog before this one but deleted it after not being able to post for a while, I've also used Tumblr, Twitter, Facebook etc. I also have a YouTube account so that I can subscribe to people, but I don't post videos.

Why did you start a blog?
Because I adore buying new products and testing things out. I love reading reviews and chatting with other beauty-fanatics. And my friends were getting kind of sick of me rambling about a sale at Benefit, or my excitement at recieving an Urban Decay sample.

When did you become serious about starting a blog?
I became serious when I realised that I wanted to study business management at university. I was thinking a lot about my future, and realised I want to work in the business sector, and it would be my dream to work for a beauty company, as their head of marketing or something.

What was your first post?
It was  just a hello post and I wrote some of my favourite products and brands. 

What has been your biggest challenge about blogging?
Pictures, definitely. I have a 10mp camera (which still isn't incredible, but it has macro and it's better than nothing) but I've lost the lead to plug it into my laptop so can't upload any pictures! This means I just have to use my phone camera, which is rubbish!
Where do you see your blog in one year?
Wow, hopefully I'll still be blogging frequently and with better quality pictures!! I'd also like to think I'll have picked up more followers, maybe even hitting the 100 mark ! But most of all, as long as I'm still enjoying makeup and blogging, I'll be happy.
What is the most rewarding thing to you about blogging?
When somebody tweets me or comments and I get to have a chat with them, I love it! I think the beauty community is lovely but it's also really big and I kind of feel like a little fish in a reaaally big ocean right now!
What is the most discouraging thing that happens to you?
So far, nothing discouraging has happened! 
What's your lasting inspiration or motivation?
At the moment, just the fun and enjoyment of blogging is enough to inspire me. But having people say they like my blog, and the thought of building my blog and gaining experience in the beauty world is incredible. I just think that writing a beauty blog is such an amazing platform and provides an incredible experience as well as building a great group of friends (hopefully)


Hope you enjoyed this tag, talk to you later lovelies,
Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment